Have you ever felt the healing power of love?
Love heals in many ways; our body, mind and spirit can be healed with the power of Love. Here are some fascinating ways that love heals:
1. Love decreases stress. Did you know that love counteracts the fight or flight response? Yes, it does and mighty effectively. Love regulates the production of cortisol (stress hormone) and elevates the production of Oxytocin, (happy hormone), which can reduce cardiovascular stress and improve the immune system.
2. Love causes the production of norepinephrine and dopamine in your brain, which leads to increased feelings of joy and pleasure.
Love Heals our Body, Mind & Spirit
3. Love has been proven to reduce inflammation, improves your immune system, and can be a potent pain reliever. A recent study from the Institute for Behavioral Medicine Research at Ohio State Univ. shows us that people who are lonely develop more reactivation of latent viruses than those that are well connected.
4. Love decreases anxiety and can keep depression at bay. It also reduces the signs and symptoms of heart disease.
5. When you tell another person how much you love them, why and how they are a special gift, you’ll feel ‘love energy’ passing between you both.
Love truly is great medicine. Love is a powerful healer in all its’ many forms.
When someone says, “I’m so in love” they are often referring to romantic love, but there is so much more to it than that. I want to encourage you to think of love in a broader way. We can grow in love with God, with our children and grandchildren. We can grow more in love with our friends, animals, our self and even grow in love with life itself.
When we are united in the Spirit of God’s love and in the service to others we feel an overflowing love. We heal ourself and others when we share the overflowing Spirit of love.
So ‘love large’, connect with others and you’ll feel more happy, whole and healthy. The next time you’re feeling low, rather than becoming isolated, call a friend or reach out to someone else with kindness.
Don’t underestimate the power of love. Acts of love for people, places and others provide healing health benefits.
Try it, I think you’re going to not just like it, you’ll love it!
Question for you: How will you share the healing power of love?